viernes, 25 de enero de 2013

Spring



After a trip on the motorbike to Art School, on one of those sunny mornings that signalled the end of winter 1985, I walked in to the room where we studied drawing and opened the windows. It was still too early for classes to start and none of my fellow students had yet arrived. I sat down and started drawing, with no fixed idea or direction in mind, and that is exactly what happened..well, more or less..I still lacked technique and practice to be able to tackle the picture and finish it exactly as I had imagined it. Since then, I worked on it on and off until April 2002. That spring, I shut myself in my studio and finished off what I called “Primavera”. I have made more than 50 versions in sketches, investigation and developing a mixed technique, or just purely enjoying myself. The project was born in Alicante, came with me to Valencia, then to Barcelona, I took it to Venezuela, back to Santa Pola an I then finally finished it off in Barcelona. During all that time, details were added to the original idea, details related to friendships that I had come across while working on the picture. Love also has a place in this apparent disarray.
Every time I stumble upon “Primavera”, I also bump in to old friends… and that morning and the light on that day back at the end of winter in 1985.





No computer programme  was involved in the process.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario